If you want your website to get found, you have to engage in SEO (search engine optimization) techniques. It is possible to hire a search engine optimization company to do this work for you, but if you have only just started and you are on a budget, you won’t be able to do this. Luckily, there are quite a few things that you can do yourself. While these won’t give you the results a professional SEO company will get for you, it is an excellent way to get started and build up your resources so that you can hire an SEO company. Let’s take a look.
10 SEO Techniques You Can Implement Yourself
- Content marketing. You have to make sure new and relevant content is on your site at all times. You can write this yourself, by making sure that it is appealing and informative, as well as being relevant to what people are actually looking for.
- Attractive images and catchy headlines. People are very visual, particularly from behind a computer or smartphone screen. Your content has to look good, therefore. This can be achieved with fun images and catchy headlines.
- There is nothing worse than spelling and grammar mistakes. In fact, there are people out there who seek out mistakes on purpose just to make fun of people. Make sure, therefore, that you check everything for errors.
- Get a few guest bloggers. This isn’t necessarily something you can do yourself, or for free. However, it is much more affordable than SEO professionals and has a really good effect. Their name will immediately attract an audience to your site.
- Make sure your links are original. Try to write some really interesting articles, and get other websites to post them for you. Sometimes, you do have to pay for this as well. However, fees tend to be quite minimal, and you should also be able to find quite a few that don’t cost much.
- Work on your reputation. You have to build relationships with your customers, your suppliers, your partners and even your competition. You have to become known in person as well, so do go to conferences and more. Building a network of real people is as important as getting the digital stuff right.
- Help others. There are other people in the same situation as you, people who are just starting and who can’t afford a professional SEO company either. So help each other out a little bit, even if it is just by linking to each other.
- Crawl through your website using specially made software (many offer free trials) and see how the Google robots see it. In so doing, you can spot any problems and fix them.
- Have a look at your competition. What are they doing on their websites that you are not? Are they using social media in different ways than you? Are they making sudden changes to their site? While being a step ahead of them is probably impossible, making sure you do the same as they do is easy to achieve.
- Focus on social media. You won’t get anywhere without a Facebook and Twitter page for your site as well.